Dr. Jameson Mercier, LCSW ™
You may know that I’m a licensed therapist. You might know that I am a husband and father. Perhaps you’ve even heard me and my wife on the radio giving relationship advice. While all that is good, it really doesn’t matter if I can’t help you address and resolve the challenges in your relationship. After all, my purpose is to help you, not impress you.
Whether you’ve been a client, or seen my videos, you quickly realize that I’m not your average clinician. My work with clients goes far beyond “I statements” and merely asking “How do you feel?” I am about the dirty work and heavy lifting that will get you the results you desire.
There are a few things I believe about relationships:
- I am a firm believer in the idea that relationships make us better and that we are created to be in relationship with each other.
- There is no such thing as “the one for you”. Any two people committed to each other can have a successful and meaningful relationship once they learn how.
- Marriage is NOT for everyone. There are some people who simply do not have what it takes to be married…and it’s okay. Don’t force it.
- Divorce is always an option. However, you decide whether or not to make it a choice.
Today, the average wedding costs over $35,000 and lasts eight years! I believe that if you’re going to endure the stress and expense of getting married, then you owe it to yourself to do the work that will sustain and preserve that relationship. A happy, healthy, sex-filled marriage is possible. My goal is to show you how.
- Bachelor of Social Work – University of South Florida
- Master of Social Work – Barry University
- Doctorate of Marriage and Family Therapy – Nova Southeastern University
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (SW11168)
- State of Florida Qualified Supervisor
Dr. J’s Trivia
- I was denied admission to graduate school. Ask me why during you consultation.
- I make my own laundry detergent.
- I met my father when I was seven years old.
- I was a contestant on a game show.
- I have eaten opossum before.
- I am a practicing minimalist.
- Favorite Movie: Coming to America hands down! However I do enjoy old westerns after everyone has gone to bed.
- Favorite music: Anything live with a groovy base line.
- Favorite dish: Haitian dish called “tom tom and callaloo”